Tuesday 22 January 2013

My Registration: finally finalized!!!


After over a year of sending documents to South Africa, and 1 1/2 months of being here in person trying to get licensed to operate, it has finally arrived!  That was a long, expensive, tiring, redundant, frustrating experience, but it's good to know that they don't just let anyone come over and start cutting on people.  I will be working in the "Front Room" (which is basically two rooms that serve as the resuscitation bays) for the first 4 weeks, then I will start taking call and getting the trauma experience that I came here for.  I am happy that I've had some time to explore South Africa, but I'm more than ready to get to work.  Bring it ON!

3 comments:

  1. Stuart Brenneman22 January 2013 at 22:45

    Congrats Casey! How long are you their or is this permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year total. Then back to the states for a Critical Care Fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the people of south africa are officially better off if they have a medical emergency than they were before the paperwork was finally finalized.


    PS - Jason, loook at the time this was posted.

    ReplyDelete